How can we best explain the greenhouse effect?
A) Gases in the ozone layer absorb heat from earth’s surface
B) Gases in the atmopshere absorb radiation coming from earth’s surface
C) Gases in the ozone layer absorb heat coming from the sun
D) Gases in the atmosphere absorb radiation coming from the sun
2) What do greenhouse gases trap?
A) Visible light
B) Ultraviolet light
C) All solar radiation
D) Longwave radiation
3) What makes humid air less dense than dry air?
A) Molecules of water vapor have more mass than the displaced nitrogen and oxygen
B) Molecules of water vapor have less mass than the displaced nitrogen and oxygen
4) Which would melt at a subduction zone?
A) Subducting oceanic lithosphere
B) Subducting oceanic crust
C) The Outer core
D) The mantle above the subducting oceanic lithosphere
5) True or False: Most of earth’s mantle is molten (liquid) rock.
6) True or False: Igneous rock and molten (liquid) rock are the same thing.