Christian Monasticism: There are different kinds of monasticism within Christianity. What are the different kinds of monasticism? Who are representative of these different kinds of monasticism? What are the similarities and differences between the different kinds of monasticism? What sources should we be aware of when answering these questions?
Instructions for Mid-term Essay:
1) The essay should be between 1000-1500 words (no more, no less). The essay should be composed in a word processing program (e.g., Microsoft Word).
2) It should be grammatically correct. While this is not an English composition course, correct grammar is an aspect of clear communication therefore bad grammar will negatively impact your grade insofar as it obscures the point that you are trying to make.
3) Use relevant primary sources, research databases on the library web site and other pertinent secondary literature (e.g., specialized encyclopedias or dictionaries, academic monographs and academic articles) in order to craft your essay. Use of internet sources is acceptable but should not constitute the entirety of your research. If an online source replicates a reputable print source, you may cite the print source while using the online source. For example, see “The Catholic Encyclopedia” at http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/.
4) Cite any sources that you used to gather the information for your essay. You may cite sources either parenthetically (with a “works cited” page) or with footnotes. Lack of citation will result in an incomplete grade for the assignment (which in reality is the equivalent of a 0). This essay should constitute original work and failure to comply in this regard will result in an incomplete grade for the assignment. DO NOT copy/paste a wikipedia article (or other similar online source) into the assignment box.
5) These are not reflection essays or journal entries. These are intended to be brief academic essays. Write them as such. A good example of this type of writing can be found in specialized academic dictionaries or encyclopedias. You might refer to The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church (on campus in the library) or The Catholic Encyclopedia (online) for examples of such writing.
Did you know that effective analysis of concepts requires professionalism in handling academic research Papers? Do no compromise on your grade choose professional Research writers at elitetutorslab.com