You are the section leader of a seven-member training and development team within the larger human resources department of a multinational corporation headquartered in Washington DC. All the HR professionals are Americans who grew up in the U.S. Three of your peers have extensive global experience; the other four have not worked outside the U.S., nor have they ever been part of a global HR team. The multinational corporation you work for is an engineering firm with projects around the globe and employees over 34,000 employees from 50 nations.
Understanding how to blend global talent into teams to support an organization’s training goals—while being mindful of cultural dimensions, values, communication, and expectations—helps HR practitioners take on this challenging task. Seeking to understand biases and behaviors in our communications is critical to our cultural awareness, whether we are based domestically or abroad. Exploring national culture as it relates to team building in the workplace can enhance our ability to engage employees. Inclusivity builds solid employee relations and engagement with people from all cultures while supporting human resource practices.
Create a PowerPoint presentation of 7–10 slides, using detailed speaker notes, to provide training to your HR team on engaging a global workforce culture to maximize performance. Include the following:
- Analyze differences in work styles between a U.S. worker and that of another country.
- Demonstrate that these differences are cultural and not performance-based by selecting a country of your choice for this comparison.
- Describe best practices for a virtual human resource team of a global workforce.
- How does cultural differences influence employee management with such things as self-service tools or HR systems?
- Consider practices concerning the workforce coordination with senior leaders (executives) and the communication of labor laws with HR peers.
- Analyze the impact of cross-cultural communications on employee management.
- How does personal bias or knowledge of other’s cultural backgrounds, active listening, and forms of non-verbal communication impact cross-cultural interactions and communications?
- Provide one or two workplace examples that maximize the performance and effectiveness of a HR team.
- Length: 7–10 PowerPoint slides, including title and reference slides.
- Select a PowerPoint slide template appropriate for a professional presentation.
- Include the content of the slides as well as the supporting narrative in the speaker’s notes.
- Be sure slide content supports your main points and ideas.
- Do not overbuild your slides; information that supports what you are saying should appear at the lower portion of each slide as notes.
Do You Know That our Professional Writers are on Stand-by to Provide you with the Most Authentic Custom Paper. Order with us Today and Enjoy an Irresistible Discount!