Write at least 300 words in your post. For each story, complete the following; then answer the questions that follow.
What strikes you as significant about these two stories? What is the author’s purpose for telling them? Who do you think the central character is in each story? For each story, write a five-sentence summary that includes the following:
(1) What happens at the beginning? (2) What happens during the rising action?
(3) What happens during the climax? (4) What happens during the falling action?
(5) How does the story end?
“A Pair of Tickets”
- 1. How is the external setting of “A Pair of Tickets” essential to what happens internally to the narrator in the course of this story?
- 2. In what ways does the story explore specifically Chinese American experiences?
“A Good Man Is Hard to Find” by Flannery O’Connor
- Based on your own experience, what is a “good person”?
- Is the grandmother in this story a “good person”?
- Why does the Misfit say, “She would of been a good woman if it had been somebody there to shoot her every minute of her life”? How does this line connect to the theme of the story?
Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted rate