For this essay, you will choose a print advertisement from the “Advertisement Choices” section of this module to analyze.
Goal: The goal of this essay is to analyze a print advertisement for how it comments on or reflects our culture. You will analyze the advertisement using four primary areas of support. You will also include at least one citation from a scholarly resource.
1. Choose one of the following advertisements to analyze:
Dirty Phone Ad in American Baby Magazine.JPG
Jeep Ad from Shape Magazine.pdf
Man Soap Ad from Sports Illustrated.pdf
Pink from Shape Magazine.pdf
Subway from Better Homes and Gardens.pdf
Whisky Ad from Maxim Magazine.pdf
2. Analyze a print advertisement for how it comments on or reflects our culture. You will analyze the advertisement using four primary areas of support:
3. Include at least one quote from one of the following resources:
Before choosing a resource, read this document first: How to Read a Scholarly Article
An Analysis of Hyper-Masculinity in Magazine Advertisements.pdf
Breasts Are for Men_ Media, Masculinity Ideologies,and Men’s Beliefs About Women’s Bodies.pdf
Gendered Advertising–Shaping Self-Image.PDF
THE EFFECTS OF WARNING-LABEL PLACEMENT IN PRINT ADS..pdf
The Influence of Print Advertisement Organization on Affect toward a Brand Name.pdf
The Porn Illusion The Infantilized Woman in Popular Print Media.pdf
Youth Exposure to Alcohol Advertising in National Magazines in the United States, 2001–2011..pdf
4. Use proper MLA formatting and citations.
How to cite course materials using MLA 8: https://columbiacollege-ca.libguides.com/mla/notes
5. Meet the minimum word requirement of 1000 words.
Some Important Information about Academic Essays
Course essays are formal assessments. Formal essays should:
Avoid a conversational tone
Avoid the use of personal pronouns referring to the writer or reader of the essay (I, me, you, your, us, we, our)
Avoid contractions (shouldn’t, couldn’t, wouldn’t, can’t, won’t, etc.) – Simply spell them out.
Avoid web-based resources for support (Wikipedia, Sparknotes, or similar websites)
Avoid proofreading errors (be sure to spell check and read through your essay)
Avoid overuse of resources (at the most, your essay should contain only 30% resource material)
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality