In Chapters 5–6 of your text, you learned the critical roles that parents play in providing stability and supports to children who live in at-risk environments. You also learned how physiological needs could contribute to how children respond to adversity. Please use your readings and research peer-reviewed journal articles in the Purdue Global Library to support your post. Please respond to the following:
1. Define adversity and explain how living in an at-risk community contributes to a family’s ability to foster resilience.
2. Discuss one physiological need that must be met in order for a family to have a chance at developing resilience. Find research on the physiological need chosen and share your findings.
3. Search Clay or Duval County, FL for an organization or agency that provides services that address the physiological need you chose. Discuss the programs they offer that assist families with meeting this need.
Please read the following chapters in your text:
Chapter 6: “Low-Income Fathers as Resilient Caregivers”
Chapter 7: “Do What You Gotta’ Do: How Low-Income African American Mothers Manage Food Insecurity”
Chapter 6 discusses the challenges that caregivers face when raising children in an at-risk environment. This chapter focuses on the development of resiliency factors in fathers and the critical role they plan in providing stability to a child’s environment.
Chapter 7 also discusses the challenges that caregivers face when raising children; however, the focus in on the physiological needs of food, safety, and security. In addition, this chapter focuses on the critical role that mothers play in providing nurture and supports that can foster family resilience.
For a custom paper on the above topic or any other topic, place your order now! What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• Timely delivery guarantee