WK2 – Understanding Poverty
Watch the three videos and answer the following questions.
1. Gary Haugen: The hidden reason for poverty the world needs to address now
Time: 22.06 Minutes
Gary Haugen: The hidden reason for poverty the world needs to address now
2. How we can End Poverty by 2030. | Carin Jämtin | TEDxNorrköping
Time: 17:37 Minutes
How we can End Poverty by 2030. | Carin Jämtin | TEDxNorrköping
3. How these 2 Economists are using Randomized trials to Solve Global Poverty
Time: 6:58 Minutes
How these 2 economists are using randomized trials to solve global poverty
1. According to the videos what are the main causes of poverty in the developing world? How can poverty be effectively tackled?
2. Name 1-2 key solutions which are currently adopted in your Simulation country to alleviate poverty?
Be sure to back-up your answer with research and provide full citations.
Note: If you are located outside the US, you may not be able to watch these videos. Research the topics and participate in the discussion.
Payne, Richard J. and Jamal R. Nassar, Politics and Culture in the Developing World: The Impact of Globalization, 5th ed., Pearson Longman, 2012. ISBN: 9780205075911
Weiner, Robert, Annual Editions: Developing World, 33rd ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2018. ISBN-13: 9781259883309
Online Participation Expectation
· You are required to actively participate online for this course and this will be a critical component of your final grade.
· Online participation requires reading and completing all online activities via class announcements, discussion, class news, and other postings daily.
· We will discuss current events every week via online discussion. Be sure to use the Internet, newspapers, TV or radio to read the current world events and to discuss then online.
· I expect to see first submissions to weekly discussion by Wednesday, midnight of the assigned week. The weekly discussion will be closed by Sunday at 11:55 of the week.
· While there is no specific day/time at which you must log in, I strongly recommend that you log in several times per week to participate.
· Your participation will be graded on both the quantity and quality of your postings.
Online Discussions of Assigned Textbooks:
· The student should read the assigned textbook chapters (Payne, Richard J. and Jamal R. Nassar, Politics and Culture in the Developing World: The Impact of Globalization) and the Annual Editions: Developing Worldreadings for each week and be prepared to respond to posted discussions.
· Students are encouraged to engage in active dialogue with each other and to introduce new information about a particular experience with each week’s discussion topic.
· You are required to post a minimum of one original postingto each discussion question, and two postings that are a feedback or response to other students’ postings. (Minimum of 3 posting per discussion question/item for the week)
· Postings such as “I agree,” “Good Answer,” or the likes, are not acceptable.
· Students are encouraged to regularly post comments and questions.
· Each student will be required to post his/her comments, observations and evaluations concerning the week’s discussion topic in the “Discussion” section of the Vista web site for this course
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US:
11+ years experience on custom writing
90% Return Client
Urgent 3 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Money Back Guarantee