A) Explain the importance to mass media studies of SEVEN of the following individuals (or pairs). Answers should be a complete sentence or two. If two people are listed together you may define one, two, or the relationship of both, as well as their importance to media studies as one answer; you cannot define the two in different answers. (2 points each)
Edward Bernays and Doris Fleischman
William Randolph Hearst and Joseph Pulitzer William Paley and David Sarnoff
Lee de Forest and Guglielmo Marconi Johannes Gutenberg
John Peter Zenger
B) Explain the importance to mass media studies of THIRTEEN of the following terms in a complete sentence or two. When an entry has “or” you may define one or the relationship between the two, but it will only count as one answer. (2 points each)
Affiliates (of a media network)
Ancillary (or Subsidiary) Rights
Channel (or Platform)
ASCAP or BMI
Communication Cycle (Feedback Loop)
CPM or RPM
Demographics or Psychographics
Drive Time Audience
Ratings or Share (for TV/Radio stations)
Studio (or Factory) System
C) Answer TWO of the following six questions in two or three paragraphs. (15 points each)
1) Explain the difference between brand and brand promise — making sure to define them — and give examples of their importance to a specific company.
2) Why are advertising and public relations not defined as channels of mass media, and what parts do they play in a study of mass media and mass communication?
3) Under which circumstances (either historic or hypothetical) can a “free press” be a positive for democracy, and under what circumstances (and in those circumstances to
what degree) is it better or government to regulate media ?
4) Highlight two or more ways we are experiencing convergence or disaggregation with relevance to our study of mass media, and provide an educated suggestion of how your examples might continue or change in the next few years.
5) Explain the tracking done of your online actions, and how it connects the media you consume digitally with the profile that advertisers can use to target you as a potential customer. Include examples from your browsing and the ads you see.
6) Using a specific media company with both a traditional and digital site, (e.g. print and online publication; over-the-air and stream of television network; over-the-air and streaming radio station), explain the differences, specifically the advantages and disadvantages, of the two different sites.
Do You Know That our Professional Writers are on Stand-by to Provide you with the Most Authentic Custom Paper. Order with us Today and Enjoy an Irresistible Discount!