Discussion: Other Eastern/Asian Religions
Please view these lessons: Confucianism, Taoism, Shinto, Jainism, and Sikhism. After viewing the lessons, then answer the following questions in your Discussion for this unit/module. These are some interesting religions, and they raise good questions for discussion!
- Religion – Confucianism. https://youtu.be/dRjw1Na7rIc 9:53 min
- Religion – Taoism https://youtu.be/h7PXKVT8lWk 9:09 min
- Religion – Jainism https://youtu.be/qaZp58hyQNk 11:09 min
- Religion – Sikhism https://youtu.be/TDfPW3zysCA 14:23 min
5. Religion – Shinto https://youtu.be/bRIuKlPIbEU 22:04 min
Textbook: Jainism Chapter 6, Sikhism Chapter 7, Confucianism and Daoism Chapter 8, Shinto Chapter 9, Zoroastrianism Chapter 10.
The questions are:
- Religion and Violence:Considering Jainism and Sikhism, talk about the relationship between religion and violence. What do these two religions say about it, and is there a connection between religion and violence? Does religion lend itself to be violent, or is violence in religion an anomaly?
- Religion and Nature: Shinto worships the beauty of Japan’s majestic landscapes. And the Tao Te Ching was written by Lao Tzu, who argued that we should not continue to mess up our world by inserting ourselves in it (an idea with environmental implications). So, discuss whether you find transcendent experiences when communing with nature: going on hikes, watching a sunset, climbing a mountain, etc. How do you explain why we enjoy those things if not that they are windows through which we see the divine?
- Religion and Originality:What does it mean for Christianity that Confucius said a similar thing as the “Golden Rule”? Does it mean that Jesus was borrowing from Confucius? Does it call into question the originality of Jesus’ message? The big picture question: if certain parts of various religious traditions were found in other, earlier traditions, does it call into question the veracity or uniqueness of those subsequent traditions? What does this tell us about religion as a whole? (Note: look up the word “religious syncretism” and you’ll see where the answer should go)
As you answer, remember the following:
- should be at least 400 words.
- Support your ideas with the sources – the course textbook is that first source you need to use, the lessons, relevant web research, etc.
- Cite all sources properly in either MLA, APA, or Chicago style (I don’t care which). Remember to cite using page numbers.
- Proof-read your writing so that there are no typographical errors or mechanical problems (grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.)
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US:
11+ years experience on custom writing
90% Return Client
Urgent 3 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Money Back Guarantee