Textbooks used for this task are:
1. Enterprise Health Information Management and Data Governance; Author – Merida L. Johns
2. Health Information Management : Concepts, Principles, and Practice – 5th Edition; Author – Pamela K. Oachs
3. This webpage was also included as a optional reference material : https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/42/482.24
The health record is a form of communication between internal and external stakeholders in the healthcare environment. Health information management professionals are responsible for managing health records whether in paper, electronic, or hybrid format. Guidelines must be followed in maintaining records, including their storage and destruction, and policies must be evaluated for their compliance with state and federal regulations.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
A. Compare and contrast the characteristics of paper, hybrid, and fully electronic health records.
1. Discuss legal issues that may arise when using hybrid records.
B. Evaluate the attached “Cedar Bend Record Policy” to determine if the policy protects health information for record storage and destruction of paper and electronic health records, by doing the following:
1. Describe whether the Cedar Bend record policy would comply with your state’s regulations. Be sure to include the state in which you reside and justify your decision.
2. Describe whether the Cedar Bend record policy would comply with the Medicare Conditions of Participation.
3. Describe whether the Cedar Bend record policy would comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Security Rule.
C. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
D. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
File name may contain only letters, numbers, spaces, and these symbols: ! – _ . * ‘ ( )
File size limit: 200 MB
File types allowed: doc, docx, rtf, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, odt, pdf, txt, qt, mov, mpg, avi, mp3, wav, mp4, wma, flv, asf, mpeg, wmv, m4v, svg, tif, tiff, jpeg, jpg, gif, png, zip, rar, tar, 7z
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US:
11+ years experience on custom writing
90% Return Client
Urgent 3 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Money Back Guarantee