The drug is IVABRADINE year 2015
make sure read the instructions
Medication Teaching Plan Assignment Guidelines
The purpose of this assignment is for the student to synthesize pharmacological knowledge (i.e., core drug
knowledge, core patient variables, and nursing implications) of pharmacotherapeutic agents into a useful
teaching and learning tool for nurses and patients.
COURSE OUTCOMES This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
• CO1 Apply the concepts of pharmacotherapeutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacogenomics to the use of specific medication classifications in specific health conditions and in consideration of medication side/adverse effects, nursing implications, and medication teaching. (POs 1, 2, and 3)
• CO2 Apply principles of health promotion, as well as illness and injury prevention, to promote safety and effectiveness of commonly used pharmacologic therapy across the lifespan, taking into consideration sociocultural, genetic/genomic, developmental, and gender implications. (POs 3 and 8)
• CO3 Utilize the nursing process in understanding the effects of drug therapy on health outcomes across the lifespan within the framework of a diverse population of individuals, families, and communities. (PO 4)
TOTAL POINTS POSSIBLE
1. Choose a pharmacological agent that has been on the market less than 5 years.
2. Research the literature and obtain two to three resources for current, evidence-based information related to the pharmacological agent. You must submit your resources with the assignment. Identify the following key/relevant drug information that will be used to develop a medication teaching brochure:
Mechanism of Action
Drug Administration and Dosage
3. Design a brochure to be used as a patient teaching tool containing the identified relevant/key
information outlined above and the following important information:
Patient Education Considerations
Potential Side Effects/Adverse Effects/Toxicities
PREPARING THE ASSIGNMENT
1. After selecting your pharmacotherapeutic agent, use the Chamberlain online library or other database to research the key/relevant drug information.
2. Create your teaching brochure using MS Word or PowerPoint. Microsoft Word has built-in and online templates for brochures. You may choose one of these for your format. The brochure should be printed on one page, two-sided.
3. Include appropriate images, graphics, bulleted items, and subtitles in your brochure. Choose images that illustrate your points and do not serve as mere decorations.
4. Use no higher than seventh-grade reading level, except for required medical terminology. Microsoft Word will calculate a Flesch Kincaid Grade Level for you. Go to Review > Spelling and Grammar. When the check is complete, Word will give you the statistics. You may need to save your file with a new name and temporarily delete required medical terms and then run the Flesch Kincaid statistics again to get to the seventh-grade reading level.
5. Complete a separate document that contains the following information:
Your name, date and class
A short paragraph describing the intended audience and use for your teaching brochure. For example, is this for teaching a pediatric patient who is newly diagnosed with asthma about the new drug? Is it designed to teach an older adult about a new cholesterol drug?
A reference page in APA format
The brochure is not a paper that follows APA format so please use your creativity when developing the
brochure. Consider your audience when choosing font, style and graphics.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US:
11+ years experience on custom writing
90% Return Client
Urgent 3 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Money Back Guarantee