Present the identified disorder or disease process (Diabetes Mellitus) and discuss need for nutritional support. Discuss elements of a dietary assessment for the chosen disorder or need and present a plan for meeting nutritional needs including patient teaching, patient and family/caregiver support, and available resources. Include expected patient outcomes.
This assignment focuses on:
CO3 Assess nutritional requirements for diverse patient populations including development level, health status, gender, cultural diversity, and belief systems (PO7)
Key Concepts: Patient teaching and support
CO6 Evaluate examples of nursing research and scientific inquiry in the area of nutrition to provide care and improve patient outcomes (PO3)
Key Concepts: Therapeutic diet
Role of family and support for individuals with nutritional needs
1. Paper must contain a title and reference page in APA 6th edition format.
2. The body of the paper must be 3-5 pages in length (this is excluding the title and reference pages)
3. Choose one area of interest from the following topics:
• diabetes mellitus
4. Identify the disease or disorder and summarize nutritional needs and recommendations for patients with the disease or disorder.
5. Discuss at least three elements of a dietary assessment for the chosen disorder.
6. Plan four nutritional interventions to include:
a) Nutrition therapy or therapeutic diet
b) Patient and/or family or caregiver teaching
c) Support available to assist the patient and/or family or caregiver. What is available locally, such as support groups, continued nutritional teaching or support.
d) Resources available to assist the patient and/or family or caregiver. National or local resources to provide nutritional guidance.
7. Describe at least three expected patient outcomes as a result of following the nutritional plan of care.
8. Support your paper with at least 3 current (within the past 5 years) scholarly resources.
9. APA 6th edition format required
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US:
11+ years experience on custom writing
90% Return Client
Urgent 3 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Money Back Guarantee