Be prepared to answer ONE of the following Essay questions.
Be sure to FULLY support your argument with historical information in a multi-paragraph essay with a minimum of 300 words (include introduction, body, and conclusion paragraphs.)
Follow English grammar standards and rules, using use college-level language.
- Pick two of the following groups (African Americans, women Chinese, Hispanics) and explain the impact of western settlement on them. What specific problems or obstacles did the face? Which groups do you think faced the greatest challenges and which group do you think adapted most successfully?
- What were the major problems faced by industrial workers in the late 19th century? How are they similar or different from issues today? How did workers try to fix these problems and what were the goals ad tactics of the various labor organizations during this time period? How successful where these organizations in achieving their goals? Why?
- Describe the life among the working class, the middle class and the urban elite. What distinguished each group from the others and how did members of each group maintain this distinction. How does Social Darwinism enter into this? Which group(s) would likely support Social Darwinism and why? Which group(s) would oppose it and why. Were City Bosses, like William Tweed, part of the solution to the problems in the cities, or were they part of the problem?
- What does the term “Gilded Age” refer to? Was that an apt moniker for this time period? Why or why not? Explain with examples.
DO NOT copy and paste ANY of your essay from ANY print or Internet source. This is academic plagiarism and will result in an automatic zero for the Exam.
Minimum of 2 credible, scholarly sources.
DO Not use .com, .net. or .orgs
Do Not use Wikipedia
You can use .edu and .gov
I strongly encourage you to use EbscoHost.
Here’s the link:
You must CITE all sources used within the text of your essay (using in-text citations) and provide a Works Cited Page of those sources; you may use whichever style you are most familiar: APA, MLA, Chicago.
You may also use our Communications Lab online services at http://www.occc.edu/comlab/echo.html.
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality