Investigation: Written response
Length: 800 – 1000 Words!!!!
This module build on student understanding of aquatic ecosystems and how they are shaped and changed by conditions and components. Students will explore the regulation of aquaculture activities by the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries and investigate issues around conservation of the aquatic environment and sustainability of aquaculture practices. They will explore career and business opportunities relating to aquatic ecosystems. Students will investigate indigenous links to the waterways and places and recognise that there is a range of social and cultural attitudes to aquaculture.
To reflect this content students will research and produce a report on a commercial aquaculture venture currently undertaken in Australia
To research and produce a report (600 – 1000 words) on a commercial aquaculture venture currently undertaken in Australia.
The report must contain the following:
• Body of the Report
AQUACULTURE RESEARCH REPORT
Follow these steps to help in researching and collating information for the report;
1. Choose a type of aquaculture practised in Australia. Eg. barramundi, crocodile, prawns, tuna, oysters etc.
2. Find a map of the different locations around Australia where this type of aquaculture is practised. This map will appear in your appendix.
3. Find out where the final product goes once it has reached maturity. International markets? Local markets? Draw up a pie graph as a word document to show the percentages. This graph will appear in your appendix.
4. Research and describe the process the farm goes through to produce a final product for local/international consumption. Draw a flow chart which details each step of the growth of this aquatic animal.
5. Write a paragraph detailing the water quality required to breed this particular aquatic animal safely and successfully.
6. Explain how the final product is transported to both local and overseas markets.
7. Describe what brood stock is and their purpose/role in the aquaculture farm.
8. Describe the different types and quantities of food, fed to the aquatic animals throughout the different stages of growth.
9. Describe how the stock health is maintained and protected from contamination.
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality