Use APA 7th edition.
Discussion – Week 2
Testing is useful in any setting that requires objective information to make decisions about people. Educational and occupational testing are two broad areas that use testing extensively. You may have taken educational tests such as the GRE or SAT, and you have probably taken hundreds of classroom tests at this point in your education. Occupational testing can match people with jobs and careers or help select job candidates. Clinical and counseling psychology also use applied testing. Tests used by these types of psychologists can help people understand themselves better and can be used for personal guidance. In addition, tests can assist with mental health diagnosis and treatment planning.
Tests can be used to measure many different personal characteristics: intelligence, personality, skill or aptitude, psychopathology, and interest. Additionally, several tests can be used together as part of a test battery. An important aspect of testing is to understand which tests to use in a particular situation, in order to answer specific questions and make the best decisions.
1. Select three tests (one from each of three different categories, e.g., intelligence and
vocational interest) from the list below.
2. Research the tests you selected using the Mental Measurements Yearbook database in the
3. Then consider how you might use each of these three tests in a specific context and why
(TWO (2) PAGES)
• INTELLIGENCE TESTS:
o Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale, 4th Edition (WAIS-IV)
o Stanford-Binet, 5th Edition
o Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children (K-ABC)
• ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT TESTS:
o Wide Range Achievement Test, 4th Edition (WRAT4)
o Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement
• VOCATIONAL INTEREST TESTS:
o Career Assessment Inventory
o Self-Directed Search
o Strong Interest Inventory
• TEST OF PERSONALITY/PSYCHOPATHOLOGY:
o Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, 2 (MMPI-2)
o Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory, 2 (MCMI-III)
o 16-PF Myers-Briggs NEO-PI-R
With these thoughts in mind:
1. Post a brief description of the three tests you selected.
2. Then explain appropriate uses of these tests.
3. Finally, describe how you might use each test in a specific context and provide a rationale
for using each test in the context described.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US:
11+ years experience on custom writing
90% Return Client
Urgent 3 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Money Back Guarantee