An Unquiet Mind: A Memoir of Moods and Madness
Choose a discussion topic and write a 2-3 page reflection paper examining the topic. You must cite at least two sources from the relevant research literature.
Discussion Topics are:
1. “The long and important years of childhood and early adolescence…were to be an extremely powerful amulet, a potent and positive countervailing force against future unhappiness”[p. 15]. What aspects of Jamison’s early life and upbringing helped to provide her with emotional support on which to draw years later?
2. What benefits did the conservative military lifestyle led by the Jamisons confer upon the young Kay Jamison? With what disadvantages did that same culture, with its stiff-upper-lip creed, afflict her in her battle with mental illness?
3. In graduate school, Jamison writes, “Despite the fact that we were being taught how to make clinical diagnoses, I still did not make any connection in my own mind between the problems I had experienced and what was described as manic-depressive illness in the textbooks”[p. 58]. Why did she refuse to acknowledge the obvious? Why didn’t she question the “rigid, irrelevant notions of self-reliance”[p. 101] she had been taught?
**Plagiarism score must be under 30%**
(Discussion topics from http://www.readinggroupguides.com/)
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality