1. Define law. What are the primary sources of American law?
2. Why is the doctrine of stare decisis the cornerstone of American common law and what is its relationship to binding authority? May courts depart from precedent? What is a case of first impression?
3. What remedies were originally available from courts of law? Courts of equity? Why did courts of equity evolve? Are the courts of law and equity still separate?
4. What is a statute? How is statutory law created? What is the difference between a statute and an ordinance? What happens when a state statute conflicts with a federal statute?
5. What is a paralegal? Is there any difference between a paralegal and a legal assistant?
6. List and describe the skills that are useful in paralegal practice. Do you have these skills?
7. What kinds of tasks do paralegals perform? Are the same tasks performed in all paralegal jobs, or do the tasks vary by the job? What do paralegals spend the bulk of their time doing?
8. What is the American Bar Association?
9. What is constitutional law? If a state constitution conflicts with the U.S. Constitution, which constitution takes priority?
10. How do the functions of a trial court differ from the functions of an appellate court?
11. Describe the procedure for cases to reach the United States Supreme Court.
12. Describe the various methods of alternative dispute resolution.
13. What is the definition of a primary source of law? A secondary source of law? How are these sources used in legal research?
14. List and identify the various parts of a case citation. How do citations help you locate a case?
15. List the components of a typical legal letter. What are the four types of letters discussed in class? What is each letter’s purpose?
16. What are the key differences between civil and criminal law?
17. Define tort. What is the underlying purpose of tort law? What are the main categories of torts, and how do they differ?
18. Define intentional tort. How do intentional torts against persons differ from cyber torts?
19. How does a tort differ from a crime? Is it possible for one act to result in both a crime and a tort?
20. What is meant by strict liability? In what circumstances is strict liability imposed? What are the characteristics of abnormally dangerous activities?
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality