Summary of assignment
- Task: For this assignment, you are asked to collect real-life examples of barriers (inhibitors) to communication that occur in your work or community environment. You will describe them, define them, justify them in a table, and then use them to rate your organization’s communication effectiveness.
- Length: The assignment has four parts. Details on word count are provided below and in the following pages.
- Part I of this assignment will be 175-200 words
- Part II is a list of definitions. The definitions in this section should be about 3040 words each. o Part III is a table with short examples, names, and justifications. The word count will vary. o Part IV will be 150-225 words.
- Format: you will not cite sources in this paper, so you will not use any particular citation style. In writing up the assignment, please follow the template given on page 2.
Reading Material to Draw Upon for this Assignment:
For this assignment, you will want to draw on the following reading materials about communication inhibitors.
- “Management Study Guide: 10 Barriers to Communication” by the MSG Team
- “Physical Barriers inn Communication” by Rahul Pandita
- “The Barrier to Effective Communication” by Rupal Jain
Your text should be single-spaced and in 12-point font. Please use the following template when completing this assignment. Details on each part of the assignment are provided on pages 3-4.
Details on Each Part of the Assignment
Consider your work or community and come up with 3-4 real-life examples of barriers (inhibitors) to written and verbal communication that occur in that environment. The communication examples you come up with can be from documents, conversations (face-to-face or digital), emails, or meetings.
Then write one or two detailed paragraphs of 100-125 words each in which you describe the following:
- your workplace or community setting you have chosen to analyze
- the communication barriers in that setting that you are describing • other details you think might be relevant to the context
Various types of communication
inhibitors, and examples of them, can be found in the articles that are
available to you through eReserves.
These communication barriers include but are not
limited to the following:
Avoiding the listener Channel barrier
Different cultural level
Ignorance of medium
Ignoring the content
Impatience in the listener
Low pitch and tone
Not confirming with the recipient
Not understanding the mood of the recipient
Not understanding the receiver
After you’ve collected at least 3-4 communication barriers and have identified the inhibitors they represent, define the inhibitors in a bulleted list. When defining your inhibitors, the reading material listed on page 1 may be used without citation.
The definition you provide should identify the general characteristics of the inhibitor and how it works to impede communication. The definitions should not mention your specific work environment.
Definitions should demonstrate parallel structure. That means that all should be written as complete sentences, infinitive phrases or in another phrase form. For help understanding parallel structure, press the ctrl key and click on the following link:
Please use the three articles listed on page 1, which are in e-reserves, for this assignment. Use the communication inhibitors suggested in those articles.
Analyze these 3-4 communication inhibitors as they apply to your workplace or community environment. List them in a table with three columns:
- the communication example either as a direct quote or paraphrase
- the name of the inhibitor(s) at work in the sample
- a justification of your selection of the inhibitor(s)
Using a scale of 1 to 100 (with a score of 75 considered average), rank your organization’s communication effectiveness. Justify and explain the score you award. Your justification should be one to two paragraphs, about 175-250 words total.
Word Length for this assignment: All parts together should total at least 700-800 words
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US:
11+ years experience on custom writing
90% Return Client
Urgent 3 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
Unlimited Free Revisions
Money Back Guarantee